Denver Art Museum,
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
The 24 architectural drawings (both original ink on vellum and blueprint copies) in the collection represent elevations and floor plan designs for seven houses in the Denver-Metro area that were possibly never built. The names of the owners and site locations are listed on some of the drawings: duplex at 18th and Emerson Street for H.P. Ellis; duplex at West 32nd and Bert Streets for H.P. Ellis and Son; residence for Mrs. Hubbard.
Collection contains Curtis' notes, correspondence, short stories, histories, transcriptions, translations, and original music manuscripts documenting the following American Indian tribes: Yuma, Navajo, Zuni, Winnebago, Apache, Kiowa, Pawnee, Cheyenne, Arapaho, Dakota, Mojave, Kwakintl, Pima, San Juan Pueblo, Wabonaki, Penobscot. Included are notes and typescripts related to her book: Songs of Ancient America (1905).
Collection contains a large assortment of research images of Native American Indian tribes located in North America: photographs, photo post cards, mounted photographs, glass slides. Many images are identified and document daily life; portraits of individuals (ca.1859-1901).
Collection contains program and newspapers clippings from the society's third annual conference held in Denver, Colo., October 14-20, 1913; additional program for Charles Wakefield Cadman and Princess Tsianina Redfeather: An American Indian Music-Talk held at the Central Christian Church, Denver on November 17, 1914; clippings related to the Society of American Indians and other similar organizations (1915, 1920-1921).
Collection contains articles, newspaper clippings, notes, reports, correspondence, bank statements, ephemera, scrapbook, diary (1905).
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Letters (correspondence) 2
- Personal papers 2
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 1
- Architecture -- Colorado -- Denver -- Designs and plans. 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Blueprints (reprographic copies) 1
- Dwellings -- Colorado -- Denver -- Designs and plans. 1
- Ephemera (general object genre) 1
- Ethnomusicologists -- United States -- 20th century. 1
- Indians -- Societies and clubs -- 20th century -- History. 1
- Indians of North America -- Music -- History. 1
- Indians of North America -- Photographs. 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Folklore. 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Music -- History. 1
- Irrigation -- Utah -- Uintah and Ouray Indian Reservation -- History. 1
- Lantern slides 1
- Native American 1
- Notes 1
- Photodocumentation 1 + ∧ less