United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
Found in 163 Collections and/or Records:
The interview provides information and personal observations about Chase's experiences: being injured 3 times during combat in Italy and returning to the line; mission at Mt. Belvedere.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Gugler's decision to join the 10th Mountain Division, time spent in Colo., friends and activities at Camp Hale; service in Italy, combat at Mount Belvedere, soldiers killed in action and changes this caused, replacement soldiers; reunions attended.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Morrison's experiences: basic training at Camp Hale and personal observations; exchanging positions with a fellow soldier, Peterson, who was later killed; stopping in battle to help wounded soldiers; post war activities and working with youth.
Recording by Kohn of over 200 letters he sent to his mother between March 18, 1943 and July 20, 1944.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Parker's experiences: basic training in Tex.; volunteering for the 10th Mountain Division and being assigned at Camp Swift, Tex. in November 1944; trip across the Atlantic Ocean en route to Naples, Italy.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Speirs' experiences: contracting yellow fever at Ft. Lewis, Wash.; digging a trench from the Apennines to Lake Garda; being a mail clerk; being at a farmhouse when it was being shelled; the end of the war.
The interview provides information and personal observations about Lehman's experiences with the 10th Mountain Division during World War II: two stories related to combat; humorous experiences; trips he made during R&R.
- Oral histories (document genres) 161
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 158
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. 157
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. 152
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. 150
- DVDs 128
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. 117
- Mini-DV 82
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. 65
- Audiocassettes 17
- Kiska Island (Alaska) -- History. 15
- Camp Carson (Colo.) -- History. 14
- Notes 13
- Fort Ord (Calif.) -- History. 9
- Ski troops -- Interviews. 8
- Sound recordings 8
- Armed Forces -- Officers -- Interviews. 5
- VHS 3
- Videocassettes. 3
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Interviews. 2 + ∧ less