Julia Mallard Gayles Papers
Collection contains personal diaries, books, address books, journals, photographs of a recreation center, certificate and newspaper clippings.
- 1854-1921, 1944-1988
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Julia Mallard Gayles is a communication coordinator for the City and County of Denver, Colo.
1 Boxes (.5 linear feet)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Julia Mallard Gayles, no date.
Collection has water damage on photographs, musty smell.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- African American women -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Books. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mallard family -- History.
- Mallard, David W. (David West), 1887-1978 -- Archival resources.
- Personal papers. Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library Repository
2401 Welton St.
Denver Colorado 80205