Gwendolyn L. Crenshaw Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photographs, ephemera and materials to Crenshaw's work with the Blair-Caldwell library.
- Crenshaw, Gwendolyn L., -- 1947-2014 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Gwendolyn Lorraine Crenshaw came to Colorado in 1975 and received a master’s degree in library science from the University of Denver in 1977. After working for libraries around the state, Crenshaw was hired by Denver Public Library in 1997. Crenshaw began her job as development manager for the opening of Denver Public Library’s Blair-Caldwell African American Research Library in 2000. Crenshaw retired in 2013 with plans to join the Peace Corps. She died on October 26, 2014 at the age of 67.
1 box(es) (1 linear foot)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown donor; no date.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- African American women -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- African American women librarians -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers. Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note