Daniel Blue Papers
The collection is comprised of several family photographs; military service papers and photos; letters, certificates and announcements.
- Blue, Daniel -- 1877-1960 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Daniel Blue was born October 5, 1877 to parents Virgil Blue and Frances Green in Virgina. He began his military career as a private. He was promoted to corporal at Ft. Ethan Allen in Vermont. He had served in Cuba in 1898. He was ordered to station as a sergeant in 1904. He reported to the 10th Cavalry on November 23, 1909 where he served as a corporal, sergeant, Quartermaster Sergeant,senior grade; and Master Sergeant. He married Ailleen Queen. He passed away June 10, 1960 at the U.S. Soldiers Home Hospital in Washington D.C.
1 Boxes (.25 linear feet)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Denise A. Sawyer, date unknown.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- African American soldiers -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Blue, Daniel -- 1877-1960 -- Archives
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- Army -- Cavalry, 10th -- African Americans
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script