Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 305
Includes newspaper clippings and his written articles that are published in the All Exclusive Bull Riding News (2003-2005), The Fence Post (2003) and Rodeo News (2002).
Collection contains research gathered regarding Abraham Lincoln, the Lincoln/Douglas debates, the presidency, and the assassination of President Lincoln. Includes reproduction of April 15, 1865 "Daily Missouri Democrat" newspaper. Compact disc contains PDFs of illustrations, correspondence, and transcripts of seven debates.
Contains photographs related to Simeon boxing career and a newspaper clipping about the boating accident.
Includes mayoral papers, certificate of election, newspaper clippings.
Includes 2 scrapbooks. One scrapbook (1939-1976) contains information about boxing, Rhodesia and general newspaper clippings. The second scrapbook (1970s) contains Africa magazine articles, blacks in American newspaper clippings and Martin Luther King newspaper clippings.
The collection consists of superhero, historical figure, athlete, and Western-themed comic books from approximately 1950 to 2009. The comics primarily feature African American characters and showcase the various ways Black people have been depicted in pop culture throughout the world.
Collection contains material related to the founding, administration and programming of the African American Leadership Institute at Metropolitan State University of Denver. Includes: board materials and meeting minutes, photographs, videos, Youth and Adult Leadership program information, fundraising information, awards, reports, and business and strategic planning.
The collection is comprised of sheet mucic written by or about African Americans between 1917 to 1936. Sheet music may include racist depictions, references and tropes of African Americans in both language and illustration.
Funeral notices, memorial pamphlets, funeral programs, newspaper clippings; chiefly of Denver, Colorado African Americans.
The Ira E. and Albert R. Slack collection contains materials on the Colorado State Association of Colored Women’s Clubs, minutes of the Charm and Culture Study Club, Shorter A.M.E. Church programs and ceremonies, organizational membership pins and cards, address books, photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, plaques, certificates, awards, basketball trophies, a passport, and affiliate organizations materials.
The collection consists of manuscript items, ephemera, scrapbooks, published works, correspondence, organization items, and photographs. The items were created by members of Alpha Kappa Alpha and the organization itself. They cover Alpha Kappa Alpha as a national organization, the Epsilon Nu Omega Chapter, and the creation of the Mu Omega Omega Chapter. There are also more specific boxes relating to members who were involved in the organization.
Collection contains correspondence, awards, newspaper clippings, biographical information, event programs and information related to the Bicentennial/Colorado Centennial Celebration.
One linear foot box of research, correspondence, and reports dated from 1972 to 2015. Papers cover a range of topics including people, events and issues important in Denver's Auraria and Five Points neighborhoods. One OVBox contains a quilt created in about 2008.
Wallace Simpson Post No. 29 Kick Off Building Fund Banquet program; black beret; baseball cap; Hubert L. Jones Post No. 87 black shirt.
Includes photographs and newspaper clippings acquired throughout Reeves' involvement in the American Legion; contains material that reflects the activities of the American Legion throughout the 1970s.
Collection contains material related to Alpha Kappa Alpha Epsilon Nu Omega Chapter, articles, clippings, event programs, a calendar and a book of poetry by Maleika S. Mosley.
One quarter linear foot box containing Joseph Conklin Lanier II's autobiography written in 2005.
Collection consists mainly of ephemera and photographs regarding the 2008 election, though there are newer and older items as well.
Doll with stand by Roberta Bell, artist member of the National Institute of American Doll Artists. “Elijah Muhammad, The False Prophet” by M.G. McNeil (pamphlet)
Collection contains awards, photographs, and ephemera related to Scott's involvement with various service organizations.
The collection contains several folders of miscellaneous exhibition cards, flyers, and announcements. Most are illustrated by Benny Andrews.
Includes correspondence, financial materials, photographs, awards, his medical bag and lectures that Gipson gave during his career as a doctor. Of note, are newspaper articles spanning 1958-1992 about African Americans in medicine and a scrapbook devoted to Dr. Charles R. Drew.
Correspondence, travel memories, poem, newspaper article.
Collection contains “From Kenya to Denver with Love”, A biography of Wanjiku Njuguna by Peggy W. Copeland.
Draft of paper by Thomas W. Segady, Pamela Womack and Gayle K. Berardi. Presented at the annual meeting of the Western Social Science Association.
- African Americans -- Colorado -- Denver. 73
- African American women -- Colorado -- Denver. 32
- Photographs 24
- Personal papers 19
- Photographs. 15
- Ephemera (general object genre) 14
- Organization files 13
- Personal papers. 13
- African American women -- Colorado -- Denver -- Societies and clubs. 10
- Awards 10
- Scrapbooks 10
- African American businesspeople -- Colorado -- Denver. 8
- African American musicians -- Colorado -- Denver. 8
- African Americans -- Colorado. 8
- Ephemera 8
- Research (documents) 7
- African Americans -- Colorado -- Denver -- Societies and clubs. 6
- Business records 6
- African American legislators -- Colorado. 5
- African Americans -- Colorado -- Denver -- Archives. 5 + ∧ less
- English 304
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- French 1
- Italian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- African American Leadership Institute Records (Denver, Colo.) 2
- African American Leadership Institute Records (Denver, Colo.) -- Archives. 2
- Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, Inc. (Prince Hall Affiliated). Syrian Temple No. 49 (Denver, Colo.) -- History. 2
- Butcher, Harriet -- 1923-2017 -- Archives. 2
- Groff, Regis, 1935- -- Archives. 2
- Richardson, Elbert, ǂd 1927-2016 -- Archives. 2
- Adorney, Thom 1
- Adorney, Thom -- Archives 1
- Allen, Ethel -- Archives. 1
- Allen, Ethel. 1
- Allen, Eva Ray, 1917-2012 1
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority ǂb Epsilon Nu Omega chapter (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, Inc. (Prince Hall Affiliated). Syrian Temple No.49 (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Andrews, Benny, 1930-2006 1
- Andrews, Benny, 1930-2006 -- Archival resources 1
- Bailey, George. 1
- Bills, Martha Joan, 1936- 1
- Bills, Martha Joan, 1936- -- Archives 1
- Black America West Museum and Heritage Center (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources. 1
- Black Education United (Denver, Colo.) 1 + ∧ less