Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 298
Includes newspaper clippings and his written articles that are published in the All Exclusive Bull Riding News (2003-2005), The Fence Post (2003) and Rodeo News (2002).
Collection contains research gathered regarding Abraham Lincoln, the Lincoln/Douglas debates, the presidency, and the assassination of President Lincoln. Includes reproduction of April 15, 1865 "Daily Missouri Democrat" newspaper. Compact disc contains PDFs of illustrations, correspondence, and transcripts of seven debates.
Contains photographs related to Simeon boxing career and a newspaper clipping about the boating accident.
Includes mayoral papers, certificate of election, newspaper clippings.
Includes 2 scrapbooks. One scrapbook (1939-1976) contains information about boxing, Rhodesia and general newspaper clippings. The second scrapbook (1970s) contains Africa magazine articles, blacks in American newspaper clippings and Martin Luther King newspaper clippings.
The collection consists of superhero, historical figure, athlete, and Western-themed comic books from approximately 1950 to 2009. The comics primarily feature African American characters and showcase the various ways Black people have been depicted in pop culture throughout the world.
Collection contains material related to the founding, administration and programming of the African American Leadership Institute at Metropolitan State University of Denver. Includes: board materials and meeting minutes, photographs, videos, Youth and Adult Leadership program information, fundraising information, awards, reports, and business and strategic planning.
Funeral notices, memorial pamphlets, funeral programs, newspaper clippings; chiefly of Denver, Colorado African Americans.
The Ira E. and Albert R. Slack collection contains materials on the Colorado State Association of Colored Women’s Clubs, minutes of the Charm and Culture Study Club, Shorter A.M.E. Church programs and ceremonies, organizational membership pins and cards, address books, photographs, correspondence, newspaper clippings, plaques, certificates, awards, basketball trophies, a passport, and affiliate organizations materials.
Collection contains correspondence, awards, newspaper clippings, biographical information, event programs and information related to the Bicentennial/Colorado Centennial Celebration.
One linear foot box of research, correspondence, and reports dated from 1972 to 2015. Papers cover a range of topics including people, events and issues important in Denver's Auraria and Five Points neighborhoods. One OVBox contains a quilt created in about 2008.
Wallace Simpson Post No. 29 Kick Off Building Fund Banquet program; black beret; baseball cap; Hubert L. Jones Post No. 87 black shirt.
Includes photographs and newspaper clippings acquired throughout Reeves' involvement in the American Legion; contains material that reflects the activities of the American Legion throughout the 1970s.
Collection contains material related to Alpha Kappa Alpha Epsilon Nu Omega Chapter, articles, clippings, event programs, a calendar and a book of poetry by Maleika S. Mosley.
One quarter linear foot box containing Joseph Conklin Lanier II's autobiography written in 2005.
Collection consists mainly of ephemera and photographs regarding the 2008 election, though there are newer and older items as well.
Doll with stand by Roberta Bell, artist member of the National Institute of American Doll Artists. “Elijah Muhammad, The False Prophet” by M.G. McNeil (pamphlet)
Collection contains awards, photographs, and ephemera related to Scott's involvement with various service organizations.
Quarter linear foot box of sheet music from 1917 to 1936.
The collection contains several folders of miscellaneous exhibition cards, flyers, and announcements. Most are illustrated by Benny Andrews.
Includes correspondence, financial materials, photographs, awards, his medical bag and lectures that Gipson gave during his career as a doctor. Of note, are newspaper articles spanning 1958-1992 about African Americans in medicine and a scrapbook devoted to Dr. Charles R. Drew.
Correspondence, travel memories, poem, newspaper article.
Collection contains “From Kenya to Denver with Love”, A biography of Wanjiku Njuguna by Peggy W. Copeland.
Draft of paper by Thomas W. Segady, Pamela Womack and Gayle K. Berardi. Presented at the annual meeting of the Western Social Science Association.
Two boxes of Martin Luther King, Jr. Commemoration certificates, flyers, brochures, correspondence, a VHS tape, and an award from 1982-1989.
- African Americans -- Colorado -- Denver. 72
- African American women -- Colorado -- Denver. 30
- Photographs 20
- Personal papers 15
- Photographs. 15
- Personal papers. 13
- Ephemera (general object genre) 12
- African American women -- Colorado -- Denver -- Societies and clubs. 9
- Organization files 9
- African American businesspeople -- Colorado -- Denver. 8
- African Americans -- Colorado. 8
- Awards 8
- Ephemera 8
- Scrapbooks 7
- African American musicians -- Colorado -- Denver. 6
- Business records 6
- African American legislators -- Colorado. 5
- African Americans -- Colorado -- Denver -- Archives. 5
- African Americans -- Colorado -- Denver -- Societies and clubs. 5
- Five Points (Denver, Colo.) -- History. 5 + ∧ less
- English 297
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- French 1
- Italian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- African American Leadership Institute Records (Denver, Colo.) 2
- African American Leadership Institute Records (Denver, Colo.) -- Archives. 2
- Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine, Inc. (Prince Hall Affiliated) -- Syrian Temple No. 49 (Denver, Colo.) -- History. 2
- Butcher, Harriet -- 1923-2017 -- Archives. 2
- Groff, Regis, 1935- -- Archives. 2
- Richardson, Elbert, ǂd 1927-2016 -- Archives. 2
- Adorney, Thom 1
- Adorney, Thom -- Archives 1
- Allen, Ethel -- Archives. 1
- Allen, Ethel. 1
- Andrews, Benny, 1930-2006 1
- Andrews, Benny, 1930-2006 -- Archival resources 1
- Bailey, George. 1
- Bills, Martha Joan, 1936- 1
- Bills, Martha Joan, 1936- -- Archives 1
- Black America West Museum and Heritage Center (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources. 1
- Black Education United (Denver, Colo.) 1
- Black Education United (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources 1
- Black Genealogy Search Group (Denver, Colo.) -- Archives. 1
- Black Genealogy Search Group (Denver, Colo.), 1 + ∧ less