William Jairus Hall Letters to George A. Custer
Scope and Contents
Letters from Hall to Custer concerning development and sale of the Stevens Mine, Georgetown, Colo.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collectgion is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Served in U.S. Army 1861-1866, mustering out as Bvt. Brig. Gen. Business associate and friend of Gen. George A. Custer.
19 envelope (19 letters : 43 pages)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Photocopies of originals at Custer Battlefield National Monument, Mont.
- Facsimiles (reproductions) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Generals -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mines and mineral resources -- Colorado -- Clear Creek County. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stevens Mine (Clear Creek County, Colorado) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the William Jairus Hall Letters to George A. Custer
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script