Samuel Handsaker Diary
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a dairy of an overland trip to Oregon 1853.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
1 envelope(s) (40 pages)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Kate F. Phelps, Hobart, Okla.; 1944.
Typed transcript (1944) from a series of articles originally published 1853 in the Alton telegraph, Alton, Ill.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Journeys Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Overland journeys to the Pacific -- 19th century -- Diaries. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transcripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Samuel Handsaker Diary
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script