William F. Howe Letters
Scope and Contents
Letter from Howe describes 1880 trip to Crested Butte, Colo. Includes hand-drawn map of the town. Also business letter to Howe from J.H. Sinclair, Colorado Springs, Colo. on investment in mines of the Gunnison Crystal Mining Company. Covering letter from donor.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Resident of Kentucky; travelled to Colorado in 1880; invested in Colorado mines.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Jenn W. Howe,Carrolton, Ky.,gift,1926.
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mines and mineral resources -- Colorado -- Gunnison County -- 19th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Letters,1880 June 29-1926 Sept. 1[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script