Arthur Lloyd Monk diaries
Scope and Contents
Commenced on board ship in the South Atlantic en route to India. Continued at barracks in Bombay and other places in India.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
British army officer serving in India 1849 and early 1850s. Later moved his family to the U.S. and settled in Saguache County, Colo. 1873.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Ethel Van Cise,gift
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- India -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- India -- Description and travel. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- Great Britain -- Diaries. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Voyages and travels. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Arthur Lloyd Monk diaries,1849-1851[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script