Edward Patch Diary
Scope and Contents
Collection contain a diary that describes the Sibley expedition through Minn. and Dakota Territory, including encounter with a James Fisk party
- June 3, 1863- September 10, 1863
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Edward Patch was a scout on Henry Hastings Sibley's second military campaign against the Sioux, 1863.
1 envelope(s) (12 leaves)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, William B. Morse, 1964.
Typed transcript. Original at Minnesota Historical Society, Saint Paul.
- Dakota Indians -- Wars, 1862-1865. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dakota Territory -- Description and travel. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minnesota -- Description and travel. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script