Phillipson Rod and Tackle Company Records
Scope and Contents
Correspondence, financial records, ledgers, minutes, patent applications, publicity material, photographs and memorabilia.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Producer of bamboo and fiberglass flyrods. Founded in Denver by Bill Phillipson in 1945, renamed Phillipson Rod Company in 1964, and dissolved in 1972.
17 box(es) (17 linear feet)
2 oversize box(es)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession information unknown.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: DPL Conservation Collection.
- Fishing -- Equipment and supplies. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fishing equipment industry -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fishing rods. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fishing tackle. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fly fishing. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Phillipson Rod and Tackle Company Records
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script