Emma Wistar Diary
Scope and Contents
Diary of an overland trip from Philadelphia, Penn. to California and back. Visited Illinois, Wyoming, Utah, California, and Colorado. Describes in detail the sites visited, hotels, and events. Kept track of mileage traveled by various means of transportation.
- April 23-June 27, 1874
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Resident of Philadelphia, Penn.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Overland journals. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Overland journeys to the Pacific. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script