Scope and Contents
Undated promotional letter describing plans for Dearfield; photocopied letter to William J. Harsha with a statement of progress; letter discussing Dearfield property includes a town plat; microfilm contains additional personal, business and political correspondence.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Founder of Dearfield, Colo., an agricultural community established by Afro-Americans.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- African Americans -- Colorado -- Dearfield. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dearfield (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Land settlement -- Colorado -- Dearfield. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Letters,1889-1939[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script