Henry F. May Papers
Scope and Contents
Informal record of his personal, professional, and social life mainly in Boston and Denver. Inserted material includes clippings, programs, certificates.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Attorney. Native of Boston, Mass, where he practiced law before moving to Denver, Colo. 1890. Associated with Macbeth & May law firm in Denver. During Wilson administration, served as special to U.S. Attorney General for oil land litigation. After retirement, moved to California where he died.
1 box(es) (.5 linear feet)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Prof. Henry F. May, 1987.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Amusements -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Amusements -- Massachusetts -- Boston. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Boston (Mass.) -- Social life and customs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Denver (Colo.) -- Social life and customs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lawyers -- United States -- Diaries. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script