Scope and Contents
Chiefly letters from North in Columbus, Neb. to historian J.G. Masters in Omaha concerning Indian scouts, campaigns, and personalities. One letter to Clarence Reckmeyer in Black Hawk, Colo. tells about Nick Creede who apparently served with the Pawnee Scouts under the name Billy Harvey.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Nebraska frontiersman and rancher. During Indian wars of the 1860s and 70s, served with his brother Frank in the U.S. Army's Pawnee Scouts.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Indians of North America -- Wars -- 1866-1895. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scouting (Reconnaissance) -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Correspondence,1928-1934[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States