Three Months in the Southwest
Scope and Contents
Diary describes travel from Norristown, Pa. and return Jan. 15-Apr. 16, 1877 through Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas. Edited by Richard A. Klynn for a history course at the University of Denver, 1967. Includes bibliography.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
"Twenty-eight year old medical college graduate" traveling in the Southwest "in 1877 for seasons of health"--Introd.
1 envelope(s) (1 item : maps)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Cyrus S. Poley.
Typed transcript "from the diary of Cyrus S. Poley." Original diary in possession of his daughter, Ethel Bradbury, Boulder, Colo.
- Colorado -- Description and travel. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- New Mexico -- Description and travel. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Texas -- Description and travel. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Travel literature. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script