Denver Alumnae Chapter Scrapbooks
Scope and Contents
Collection contains microfilm copy (C MSS Mflm29) of scrapbooks with photographs, news clippings, programs newsletters, correspondence dealing with the Sorority and members' activities.
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Afro-American women's service sorority founded in 1913. The Denver alumnae group was chartered on Feb. 19, 1939.
1 microfilm reel
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc., Denver Alumnae Chapter, 1982.
Originals owned by the sorority.
- African American women -- Societies and clubs -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women -- Societies, etc. -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Denver Alumnae Chapter Scrapbooks
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script