S. F. Nuckolls letter to C. Nuckolls
Scope and Contents
Letter mainly concerns purchase and delivery of corn. Regarding the Colorado gold rush, remarks that "Probably one hundred teams have returned from the Plains. The news from the mines is regarded as good." Sent in Hawke & Nuckolls printed envelope showing route map to "gold region, Cherry Cr.," Colo.
- May 18, 1859
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Hawke & Nuckolls, Nebraska City, N.T. were "dealers in dry goods, ready-made clothing, boots and shoes, hats and caps, hardware and cutlery, furniture, iron, nails, groceries, provisions, and every description of outfitting goods".
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Rosenstock Arts,Denver, Colo., 1982.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Colorado -- Gold discoveries. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corn -- Marketing. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kansas -- Maps. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nebraska -- Commerce. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nebraska -- Maps. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script