Daniel C. Ritchey Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains correspondence and business records: including a document appointing Ritchey as justice of the peace for Jefferson County, Territory of Jefferson, signed by R.W. Steele, Governor (1861); three account books 1869-1870 from Millard, Beymer & Co., lumber dealers in Corning, Iowa.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Daniel Carmichael Ritchey was born in Charlestown, Ind, on October 26, 1817. He and his family lived in Golden City, Jefferson County, Colorado Territory in the early 1860s before returning to Iowa. He died in 1908 in Corning, Iowa.
1 envelope (20 items)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Fred Rosenstock, 1975.
- Account books. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal instruments. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (Correspondence) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lumber trade -- Iowa -- Corning -- Archives Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Daniel C. Ritchey Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script