Boutwell Family Genealogy
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photocopies of genealogies and some biographical information on members of the Boutwell family descending from James Boutell and Elizabeth Rolfe, married at Helion Bumpstead, Essex, England (October 22, 1554).. Includes "Pioneer Wife, the True Story of the Life of My Mother" by Grace Boutwell Allen.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
James Lewis Boutwell and Sarah Jane Thiell were married in Three Rivers, Mich. on July 5, 1855. James travelled to Boulder City, Nebraska Terriroty in 1859. He returned and brought his family from Mich. to Nebraska Territory in Spring 1860. Later in Golden (1870) and Colorado Springs before moving to Denver in 1876. where James Boutwell was apoointed the custodian/guide at the State Capitol by Governor James B. Orman.
1 envelope (29 leaves)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Existence and Location of Originals
Original copy of biography in Colorado Historical Society Library.
- Biographies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Colorado -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Genealogies. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photocopies Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pioneers -- Colorado -- Boulder. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Boutwell Family Genealogy
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script