Ivy Baldwin Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
Collection contains microfilm (C MSS Mflm7) copy of a scrapbook with articles concerning Baldwin, balloons and aeronautical feats.
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Ivy Baldwin, born William Ivy (July 31, 1866; Houston, Tex. - October 8, 1953; Eldorado Springs, Colo.) was an American balloonist, aeronaut and high-wire performer. He is credited with being the first aviator to be shot down during wartime in the U.S. during the Spanish-American War (1898).
1 microfilm reel(s) (35mm)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purcahse, Colorado State Historical Society, purchase1953.
Master reel owned by Colorado Historical Society, Denver, Colo. Original scrapbook owned by Mrs. Ila V. Newman.
- Aeronautics -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Balloonists -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Balloonists -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Ivy Baldwin Scrapbook
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script