Allan Vaughan Elston Letter to Caroline Bancroft, February 26, 1973
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a letter from Elston, Santa Ana, Calif. to Caroline Bancroft, Denver, Colo.; letter summarizes Elston's writing career, research methods, settings of books, circulation and serialization; also sends list of his Denver friends with addresses for Miss Bancroft to verify.
- February 26, 1973
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Allan Vaughan Elston was a writer of western fiction including 35 novels before retiring in 1971.
1 envelope (1 item)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Caroline Bancroft, Denver, Colorado; 1973.
- Letters. -- ftamc Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Novelists, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Western stories -- Technique. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Allan Vaughan Elston Letter to Caroline Bancroft, February 26, 1973
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script