Ferel E. Mitchell Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photographs, correspondence, programs, manuals, Army nurses regulations, Camp Hale telephone directory (1942-1944), reminiscence of time at Camp Hale (1988).
- 1942-1944, 1988
- Majority of material found within 1942 - 1944
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Ferel E. Mitchell was born on October 14, 1909. She worked as a student nurse at Bethel Hospital and Methodist Sanitorium in Colorado Springs, Colorado until August 18, 1942 when she enlisted in the Women's Army Corps and worked as a nurse during training of the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado. Mitchell passed away on August 1, 2001.
1 box : .25 linear feet
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid in repository.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Ferel E. Mitchell, 1988.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Part of 10th Mountain Division Resource Center: Series 5 : Collections relating to 10th
Formerly cataloged as WH549.
Formerly part of: Series 5 : Collections relating to 10th.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Medical personnel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers. Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski Troops -- Medical personnel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Medical personnel Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ferel E. Mitchell Papers
- Keli Schmid
- November 13, 2020
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script