Progress photos, the Orchard Mesa Project
Scope and Contents
Views of the Orchard Mesa irrigation project under construction, Mesa County, Colorado. Images of pump house, canal, and flume construction, and laborers.
- 1909 and 1910
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The Orchard Mesa Project diverts water from the Colorado River for the Orchard Mesa Irrigation District, Grand County, Colorado.
1 photo boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Formerly PAFI Album # 182
All photos have hand lettered identification.
Table of Contents
[pt.1] The dam and headworks -- [pt.2.] The main or power canal -- [pt.3.] The power house and forebay -- [pt.4.] The tunnel -- [pt.5.] In general.
Album cover is worn, album is missing some photographic prints, some photographic prints are discolored.
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Irrigation projects -- Colorado -- Mesa County -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mesa County (Colo.) -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Water diversion -- Colorado -- Mesa County -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Progress photos, the Orchard Mesa Project[graphic] /photos by H.E. Sovereign ; decorations by Joy Lugenbell
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script