Forbes Parkhill oral history
Scope and Contents
Parkhill tells stories about Denver, Colo. history from 1900 to 1930, includes stories about the Ku Klux Klan, the Teapot Dome scandal, notable Denver personalities, trials, gambling, and strikes.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Newspaperman and author. Wrote stories of Denver (Colo.) history and the West. Worked as a reporter for the Denver Post, Denver Republican, Denver Time and Rocky Mountain News in Denver (Colo.). Also worked for newspapers in El Paso (Texas), New York. Five of his stories were made into motion pictures.
Other Finding Aids
Typed index available.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Participant or Performer Note
Interviewed by Arthur Carhart.
- Denver (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reporters and reporting -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Forbes Parkhill oral history,1968 April 9, 13[sound recording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States