Harold Marion Dunning Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes correspondence, scrapbooks, draft of manuscripts and a large selection of negatives and photographic images. Also included with the collection are the papers and records of Charles Edwin Hewes (Poet of the Rockies) and William Austin Hamilton Loveland (Colo. pioneer); Larimer County School District Records (1868-1908); St. Vrain Ski Lift, Inc.; and various Loveland (Colo.) topics.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Harold Marion Dunning was born in Gandy, Neb. in 1861. In 1896, he moved with his family to Estes Park, Colo. Dunning worked as a guide on Long's Peak and later established a shoe business and a small grocery store in Loveland, Colo. He was the author of nine books including "Over Hill and Vale," and numerous articles and stories. He was also responsible for founding the Loveland Pioneer Museum and Loveland Nature Club. Harold Dunning died in 1973.
9 photo boxes
4 oversize folios
1 oversize folder
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Harold Bell Dunning, 1979.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Authors, American -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lantern slides Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Larimer County (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Loveland (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Schools -- Colorado -- Larimer County -- Records and correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States