Barry J. Neilson Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection includes letters from Barry to Dr. Malcolm G. Wyer, Denver Public Library, and reproductions of maps, with annotations and explanatory notes, primarily concerned with the exploration of the Pacific Northwest; reproductions are of portions of Indian Map annotated by William Clark (1806), Indian Map of Lewis and Clark Route (1814), Map of 1814 Enlarged, John Melish Map (1819), and French Map (1821).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Indians of North America -- West (U.S.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Maps (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- West (U.S.) -- Historical geography -- Maps. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States