Colorado album and Panama views
Scope and Contents
The album contains unidentified family snapshots from Colorado Springs, rural Colorado, and unidentified views probably taken in the United States. The loose photographic prints show the Panama Canal during and after construction. Images of cranes, railroads, steam shovels, ship locks, laborers, earth moving, dikes, explosions, battleships, the Pacific Fleet, tug boats, and Panama City.
- between 1900 and 1920?
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
1 photo box(es)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Source: received from Mike Blecha from Bert Fullman.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Formerly PAFI Album # 280
Table of Contents
Flooding the lock -- Excavating for dry lock at Balboa -- Submarines dry docked for repairs in Gatun locks -- Flooding of pioneer cut by heavy rain. Pumps at work, Culebra Cut -- Chagres River, view near Palo Grande, during flood water -- Pacific Fleet through Panama Canal U.S. destroyers in middle chambers, Gatun Locks, water at low level -- Pacific Fleet through Panama Canal - U.S.S. New Mexico in Gaillard Cut, looking north.
Some images are stained, soiled, or faded.
- Canals, Interoceanic -- Panama -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cyanotypes (photographic prints) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Panama Canal (Panama) -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Colorado album and Panama views[graphic]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script