Wallihan's big game photographs: taken from live wild game in the Rocky Mountains
Scope and Contents
Views of game animals in the wild in Colorado, with some images of hunters and their trophies.
- between 1890 and 1900
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
1 photo boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Title from label on inside front cover and: "149 photographs in set consisting of 30 cougar, 7 wild cat, 11 bear, 1 coyote, 1 badger, 13 elk, 60 deer, 13 antelope, 3 rattlesnake, 3 jack rabbits, 1 snow-shoe rabbit, 1 cotton-tail rabbit, 2 duck, 2 sage hen, 1 blue grouse."
Formerly PAFI Album # 104.
Embossed on leather album cover: "Photographs."
Albumen and silver gelatin or collodion printing out paper prints.
Table of Contents
Cougar -- Wild cat -- Bear -- Coyote -- Badger -- Elk -- Deer -- Antelope -- Rattlesnake -- Jack Rabbit -- Snow-shoe rabbit -- Cotton-tail rabbit -- Duck -- Sage hen -- Blue Grouse.
some photographic prints show damage from mounting process.
- Animals -- Colorado -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hunting -- Colorado -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Wallihan's big game photographs[graphic] :taken from live wild game in the Rocky Mountains /[by A.G. Wallihan, Lay, Colo.]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script