Thirty-three photographs and negatives of bison Herd, Daniels Park, Colorado: Buffalo Bill scenes, Western History Department, Denver Public Library, Mr. and Mrs. Frederick McFarlane, Central City, Colorado
Scope and Contents
The album includes views of the buffalo herd at the City and County of Denver's Daniels Park, Douglas County, Colorado, the Western History Department, Denver Public Library, and snapshots of Mr. Frederick McFarlane (September 15, 1882-December 13, 1962) and his wife, Lillian Cushing McFarlane (September 8, 1900-February 13, 1975).
- June-July 1951
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
From introduction: "These photographs were taken ... as visual adjuncts for a television program on the 'Science in Action' series, entitled 'Vanishing Herds' ..."
2 photo boxes (1 photo album containing 33 photographic prints; 31 negatives in envelopes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Source: Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Moss and Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin Draper.
Photonegatives form part of DPL Photo Collection No. 21.
Formerly PAFI Album # 146.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of Elmer Moss Photograph Collection.
photographic prints stapled to album pages.
- Bison -- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Negatives (photographs) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Thirty-three photographs and negatives of bison Herd, Daniels Park, Colorado[graphic] :Buffalo Bill scenes, Western History Department, Denver Public Library, Mr. and Mrs. Frederick McFarlane, Central City, Colorado /taken in Colorado by Elmer Moss together with notes by Benjamin Draper
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description