Scenery of the Pikes Peak region
Scope and Contents
Views of Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs and the surrounding area; some images of Santa Fe, New Mexico, and an unidentified pueblo.
- between 1880 and 1890?
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
1 photo boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Formerly PAFI Album # 254
Most photographic prints are identified.
Typed note reads: "Scenery of the Pikes Peak region. [Album of 28 views, some engraved, others original photographs.] Oblong 8vo. Paper covers. [Colorado c. 1880.] An engaging series of views of Colorado Springs, Manitou, Cheyenne Mountain, and other notable sights of the area intermixed with photographs of picnics, croquet parties, and other contemporary forms of amusement in the Colorado of the eighties."
Table of Contents
Colorado Springs society -- A Colorado nightingale -- North Cheyenne Canyon -- South Cheyenne Canon, Seven Falls -- Picnic at Cheyenne Mountain -- Colorado Springs, Antlers Hotel -- Manitou Springs, Colorado -- Parkdale, Colorado, Arkansas River -- Englemans canon. Ute Iron Spring and hotel -- Williams Canon the narrows -- Mr. Snedens's billiard room and photographic studio -- Mount Hiawatha, Camerons cone, Midland railroad bridge -- Rainbow falls, Ute Pass -- Garden of the Gods Gateway -- Stedman family on silk painted in Japan -- Indian houses New Mexico -- Cascade -- House of Governor of pueblo -- Indian Pueblo near Santa Fé, N.M. -- A Pueblo Indian -- Oldest house in America, Santa Fé -- Oldest Church in America -- Gold museum, Santa Fé -- Old Governors Palace Santa Fe Residence of Judge Prince, Willie Prince & Ames [?] -- Marshall's croquet party.
loose pages; some photographic prints soiled.
- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cyanotypes (photographic prints) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- New Mexico -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photogravures Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Platinum prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Views -- Colorado -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Views -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Scenery of the Pikes Peak region[graphic]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script