Lang & Pugh
Scope and Contents
Exterior and interior views of houses and floor plans designed by the architectural firm of Lang and Pugh, William A. Lang and Marshall R. Pugh, Partners, and built, for the most part in Denver, Colorado.
- between 1885 and 1893
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
William S. Lang moved to Denver in 1885 and worked with Marshall Pugh between 1889 and 1892. Lang preferred rusticated stone, turrets, arches, and a grandness of scale. His recognizable eclectic style was used not only on large imposing mansions but also on townhouses and what he termed "moderate low cost housing."
4 photo boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession information unknown.
Title from label on album box.
Box four contains copy prints of the original items; kept with digitized albums.
Album is digitized and available online.
The photographic prints and photomechanical prints are identified.
Formerly PAFI Album # 140
Box 4 contains photocopies of the contents of boxes 1-3.
Damage from originals shows in copy prints.
- Architecture, Domestic -- Colorado -- Denver -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Copy prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Denver (Colo.) -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Interior architecture -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Lang & Pugh[graphic]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script