Eighty-four photographs and negatives of Virginia City, Nevada
Scope and Contents
The collection includes views of the mining town of Virginia City, Nevada. Images of historic buildings, churches, commercial structures, and houses.
- December 1956, January 1957
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
2 PhotoBox (1 album; 68 photonegatives in envelopes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Source: Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Moss and Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin Draper.
Title and: "together with holographic historical comments by sundry citizens, together with historical notes, emendations and other materials added by Benjamin Draper, and notes made on a trip to Virginia City by Mr. and Mrs. Draper [Barbara Lee McCracken Draper], November, 1966 for the purpose of labeling the photographs" from title page.
Formerly PAFI Album # 144.
Album contains a tourist map of Virginia City, Nevada, a handbill from the 1960's and a ribbon that reads: "E clampus vitus Julia C. Bulette Chapter 1864 Virginia City."
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of Elmer Moss Photograph Collection.
photographic prints are stapled to album pages.
- Historic buildings -- Nevada -- Virginia City -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Negatives (photographs) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Virginia City (Nev.) -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Eighty-four photographs and negatives of Virginia City, Nevada[graphic] :taken in December, 1956 and January, 1957 /by Elmer Moss and George Selland
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description