Photographs Fraser River Diversion Project
Scope and Contents
Views of the construction of the Denver Trans-Mountain Diversion Project undertaken by the Denver Water Board to divert water from the Fraser River on the Western Slope of Colorado for use in Denver, Colorado. Images of the construction of dams, canals, conduits, and reservoirs. The album contains a letter addressed to Mayor Benjamin F. Stapleton, a description of the project, a data sheet giving water yields, an index map for the Moffat Tunnel extension, and a blueprint of a section of the Moffat Water Tunnel.
- between 1935 and 1937
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
The Denver Trans-Mountain Diversion Project, undertaken by the Denver Water Board, diverts water from the Fraser River and its tributaries on the Western Slope of the Continental Divide through the Moffat Water Tunnel into South Boulder Creek to the Ralston Dam and Reservoir. Some of the water is diverted to the Moffat Filter Plant for the Denver Water Supply, The remaining flow diverted from the Western Slope is discharged into Clear Creek and other streams for exchange with waters of the South Platte River above Denver's storage reservoirs.
1 photo boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Source: Benjamin F. Stapleton.
Title and: "Hon. Ben. F. Stapleton Mayor, City and County of Denver" embossed on cover of album.
Formerly PAFI Album # 267B.
Photographic prints are identified with typed labels.
In addition to the 154 photographic prints, the album contains special formats: 1 letter, 1 typed introduction, 1 data sheet, 1 map, 1 blueprint.
Table of Contents
Relief map of Denver watersheds... -- Index map for Moffat Tunnel Moffat Tunnel extension & Moffat Interconnecting Project -- Lake Cheesman Dam -- Fraser River below West Portal -- Moffat Water Tunnel Project, Fraser River Diversion Dam... -- Lining Fraser Canal -- Jim Creek Diversion Dam -- Vasquez - St.Louis collection conduit -- View of the Big Vasquez Diversion Dam from the upstream side -- The Little Vasquez Canal leaving Siphon No. 2, which crosses Little Vasquez Creek -- Celebration of opening of Moffat Water Tunnel -- Moffat Water Tunnel, two miles in from East Portal -- South Boulder Diversion Dam above Eldorado Springs -- South Boulder Creek above Pine Cliff -- South Boulder Diversion Conduit -- Ralston Reservoir Dam -- Ralston-Clear Creek Canal -- Lock Joint Pipe Company's plant -- Moffat Filter Plant -- Laying 54-inch conduit of Lock Joint concrete pipe through Cheesman Park, approaching Capitol Hill Reservoir.
Album cover is worn.
- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Denver (Colo.) -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fraser River (Colo.) -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Water diversion -- Colorado -- Fraser River -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Water-supply -- Colorado -- Denver -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Photographs Fraser River Diversion Project[graphic]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script