Yellowstone in photogravure
Scope and Contents
Views of Yellowstone National Park and two images of what is later Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Haynes was appointed official photographer of Yellowstone National Park by the Secretary of the Interior in 1884.
1 oversize folio
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Title from cover of portfolio.
Photographer's name printed on border of each image.
Contents listed on portfolio flap.
The silver gelatin print is a panorama of the Grand Tetons and Jackson Lake possibly by F. Jay Haynes.
the photomechanical reproduction is discolored.
- National parks and reserves -- Yellowstone National Park -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photogravures Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Portfolios Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Yellowstone National Park -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Yellowstone in photogravure[graphic] /F. Jay Haynes, official photographer Yellowstone Park
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script