Walter F. Radloff photo collection
Scope and Contents
The albums and collection contain family snapshots and some studio portraits; views of Colorado, Washington D.C., Missouri, Canada and Mexico; images of construction scenes on the Denver & Rio Grande Western Railroad, and construction of the Rocky Mountain Forest and Range Experiment Station at Manitou (Woodland) Park, a Civilian Conservation Corps project. Walter Radloff worked on these projects. Shows men working on stone buildings, cooks, workers at lunch, and railroad depots in Dulce, Chama, Osier, Durango, Lumberton, Cumbres, Livesey, Swallows, Ordway, Linwood, Bonner Springs, Niess City, Castle Rock, Louviers, Larkspur, and Sedalia. Also includes images of Cave of the Winds, Colorado / Kansas State Line, municipal buildings, the Washington Monument, boats, a hay barn hoist and horse drawn hay wagon, a boy and a dog, Crystal Pool, water slides, Missouri Mule, airplanes, a wasp nest, bridges, D & R G W Railroad equipment, an incline railway, Hanging Bridge, Mere's Junction, Cottonwood Pass, and St. Elmo. The collection contains postcards of Colorado and New Mexico.
- between 1920 and 1950?
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Walter Frederick Radloff was born in Leavenworth, Kansas April 9, 1903; he died in Arvada, Colorado, on April 17, 1977. He worked for the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railroad for 35 years and for the U.S. Forest Service.
3.25 photo boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Source: Margaret Puls
Formerly PAFI Album # 286 [A,B, and C].
For digitized images of similar subjects search: http://digital.denverlibrary.org/.
- Color slides. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Railroads -- Colorado -- Design and construction -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Walter F. Radloff photo collection[graphic]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script