Brown Family Album
Scope and Contents
Snapshots of Edward L. Brown, his wife, and his daughter, Elva Brown. Images of family, friends and family life in Denver and Colorado and views of their travels and vacations in Idaho, Oregon, Washington, California, Utah, Colorado and New Mexico.
- between 1900 and 1915
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Edward Lee Brown began his career in the railroad industry with the Chicago, Rock Island, and Pacific Railroad. He worked for the Great Northern Railroad from 1890-1911 and was appointed vice president of the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Company in 1912, he later became President of the railroad.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Formerly PAFI Album # 217.
Table of Contents
Grandma & Grandpa Smith -- John Wright 2nd cousin -- Cord a lene [i.e. Coeur d'Alene] -- Denver -- Mr. & Mrs. Brown on G.N.Ry. -- San Diego Fair -- Cal. beaches -- Oregon Coast -- Spokane -- Cal missions -- Coronado Cal. -- Utah -- Special Ry presidents cars -- Scenes on D&RG Ry. Co. Colo. -- Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Children -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Families -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Men -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Snapshots. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States