S.F. Weyburn [Album of W.H. Jackson Photographs]
Scope and Contents
Views of Colorado, New Mexico, Yellowstone National Park, and an unidentified colonial town in Mexico.
- circa 1873-1882
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Mrs. A.S. Marlow.
Pending inclusion into larger Jackson Collection.
Formerly Folio #9.
Penciled note on fly leaf reads: "This was the property of S. Fletcher Weyburn of Scranton, Pa. (1898-1940) He lived in Denver about 1882. Presented by his daughter, Mrs. A.S. Marlow [Elizabeth W. Marlow] of Ridgewood, N.J."
Most of the photographic prints have identification.
Table of Contents
Panorama of Denver from Union Station -- Larimer Street -- Manitou Soda Spring -- Ute Pass -- Rainbow Falls, Ute Pass -- Gateway, Garden of the Gods -- Monument Park -- Grand Canyon of the Arkansas [Royal Gorge] -- The Sangre de Cristo from Marshall Pass -- The Grant Smelter, Leadville -- The Robert E. Lee Mine, Leadville -- Dump Mountain, La Veta Pass -- Spanish Peaks from La Veta Pass -- Sierra Blanca from Ft. Garland -- Toltec Gorge -- Phantom Curve, D&RG Ry. -- Crossing Alpine Pass -- Longs Peak -- Embudo, N.M. -- Old Church at the Pueblo San Juan -- Atencio, Ex-Governor of the Pueblo San Juan -- Church of Santa Cruz, N.M. -- Cactus grove near Santa Clara -- "Estufa" Pueblo de Taos, N.M. -- San Francisco St., Santa Fe, N.M. -- Lake Sta. Maria, Antelope Park -- The Devil's Gate on the Sweetwater -- Mammoth Hot Springs [Yellowstone National Park] -- Garfield Bathing House, Great Salt Lake -- [Town in Mexico].
images are discolored, two images are torn.
- Albumen prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Landscapes -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- New Mexico -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the S.F. Weyburn [album of W.H. Jackson photographs][graphic]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description