Scope and Contents
Views of the Yule Quarry near Marble (Gunnison County), Colorado. Shows quarrying at the Colorado Yule Marble Company, marble finishing, the "Quarry Road," a washed out bridge on the Crystal River, scenic views of the mountains near the Crystal River Valley, and the John Cleveland Osgood Estate, Cleveholm, at Redstone, Colorado.
- between 1910 and 1917?
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Marble, Colorado was founded in 1881. Eighteen years later the town was officially incorporated and began its forty year cycle of boom and bust. The peak period in Marble's history was the five years preceding the United States' entry into World War I in 1917, when the town supported a population of 1400.
1 photo box(es)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Title supplied by cataloger.
Most images have inked identification.
Photograph of a captive bear mounted on cover.
Table of Contents
[Captive bear] -- Electric line to quarry -- Finishing of Cleveland column -- Rock cliffs north of Marble -- Snow slide near Marble -- At work in the quarry -- Devil's Punch Bowl -- Osgood Estate, Redstone -- View from quarry road -- Washout on Crystal River.
- Marble (Colo.) -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marble industry and trade -- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Marble, Colorado[graphic]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script