Construction of Great Western Sugar Company plant, Brighton
Scope and Contents
Views of the construction of the Great Western Sugar Company sugar beet processing plant in Brighton (Adams County), Colorado.
- between 1916 and 1917
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
1 photo boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
156 images that have had copy negatives made are photocopied and bound in additional album (C Photo Album 309A; formerly C Photo Album 170) housed with photo album. Some images appear to be from another set of photographs.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Most images have inked identification.
Identified photographic prints are dated and numbered.
Table of Contents
Brighton, Colo.-- Main office bldg.-- Great Western Sugar Co. Brighton, Colo. sugar & seed warehouse -- Main sewer looking east -- Excavation for stack foundation, Brighton factory -- Structural steel on ground-- Lime house & warehouse two sec. of 16' fly wheel in center foreground -- High line fill, abt. 1/2 complete -- Coal pit -- Boiler house, showing front of boilers & part of hopper -- Bottom of pulp flume, wire reinforcement for same in foreground -- Beet end -- Main bldg. & power house -- Main water line & fire line -- 24" suction line -- Pulp dryer -- Pump & power house -- Evaporators -- Kelley presses -- Pans -- Sugar machs.-- Switch board -- Dryer drums -- Trash house -- Carb. stations & battery -- First beets dumped on high lines -- Office and main building -- Beet lab & main bldg.
cover shows wear, some discoloration and soiling of photographic prints.
- Brighton (Colo.) -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sugar beet industry -- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Construction of Great Western Sugar Company plant, Brighton[graphic]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script