James Willard Schultz Book List
Scope and Contents
Collection contains typescript and signed letter with preferences indicated on "Books too Good to Miss" list created by DPL (Oct. 29, 1929); correspondence dated Aug. 26, 1936.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
James Willard Schultz, or Apikuni, (born August 26, 1859, died June 11, 1947) was a noted author, explorer, Glacier National Park guide, fur trader and historian of the Blackfeet Indians.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, James Willard Schultz, 1936.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Part of Children's Literature Collection.
- Best books. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indians of North America -- Montana -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Siksika Indians -- Archives. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script