Eric E. Wikner photograph album
Scope and Contents
View from the career of Eric E. Wikner. Includes images of the 87th Mountain Infantry regiment in training and views from Wikner's subsequent career with the U.S. Army in mountain and winter warfare training.
- Check date
- Majority of material found in 1941-1947
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Eric E. Wikner was a member of the 85th Mountain Infantry Regiment, Headquarters Company 3, the 86th Mountain Infantry Regiment, Headquarters Company 3, the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment, Company E, the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment, Service Company, and the 44th Division Ski Patrol.
1 photo boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Wikner, Eric E;gift.
Title supplied by cataloger.
In addition to the 81 photographic prints the album includes special formats: 1 letter, 5 invitations, a ski pass, and a guest pass.
Photographic prints are accompanied by a handwritten text.
Table of Contents
My 20 man experimental ski patrol marching down 5th Ave., New York City ... -- Old Forge, N.Y. ski -snowshoe race ... -- 1st U.S. Army Ski Patrol ... -- Hans Wagner and I [sic] after ski race ... -- Chief Dennis and his son, champion snowshoers ... -- On outpost duty ... -- Sign at Camp Hale ... -- With Col. Hansen, 99th Norwegian Bn. -- Outpost firing back at night raiders at Old Forge, N.Y ... -- Col. C.A. (Pete) Peterson & I [sic] on Memorial Day at Tennessee Pass, Colo ... -- Sgt. Riordan ... -- ... third from right is Harold (Pop) Sorenson, former Olympic coach and Norwegian ski jumping champion -- Saturday morning inspection outside Old Forge Community Center ... -- John Jay and others making movies ... -- Bill Lusck, left, & Ross Wilson ... -- Mj. A. Grafstrom ... -- Major Wikner, Colonel Hirschfeller, General [L.J.] McNair, General Robertson -- ... Ed Link in front Hank Shelor second -- Advanced Alpine Training Group, 38th RCT ... -- With staff officers of the II Army in the W. Virginia maneuver area ... -- General Mark Clark shaking hands with Capt. Ed Gulzynski -- ... Capt. George Gormlie ... -- 87th Mtn. Infantry staff (LTC Cook on right) -- Lts. Gul & Ito ... -- Part of the 7th Div. Cadre on Hokkaido ... -- Hank Hampton at Hale -- Tenente Aldo Daz, Gruppo Bergamo -- Ten. Col. Guiseppi Inandi, Torino -- 7th Div. Hq. Team, 1949-1950 winner, All Army, Japan -- ... Emmet Nations -- The C.O. "Brigade Nord" at Troms Norway ... -- Gen. Tychsen, CG, Northern Command, Sendai, Japan ... -- The 7th Inf. Div. Ski Team ... -- ... Major General Miles Rebor ... -- General [Ed] Post ...
photographic prints are warped, color prints are discolored.
- Military education -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. -- Army. -- Infantry Division, 44th. -- Ski Patrol -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Division, 10th -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. -- Army. -- Mountain Infantry Regiment, 87th -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Eric E. Wikner photograph album,1941-1986,bulk 1941-1947[graphic]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script