Gems from the Pike's Peak route
Scope and Contents
Views along the route of the Colorado Midland Railway from Colorado Springs to Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Shows railroad track, tunnels, bridges, trestles, and trains. Views of lakes, valleys, rock formations, mountains, and Buena Vista, Leadville, and Aspen.
- between 1889 and 1900?
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
1 photo box(es)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Formerly Folio #10.
Photographic prints have identification.
Table of Contents
Colorado Springs & Pikes Peak -- Manitou [Springs], Colorado -- Mt. Hiawatha from Iron Spring station -- Cameron's Cone from Tunnel #3 -- In the Ute Pass, Colorado Midland series -- In 11 Mile [Elevenmile] Cañon -- South Park from hill top -- Mt. Princeton from near Buena Vista Col. -- Buena Vista -- The Sphynx [rock formation] -- Leadville from Carbonate Hill -- The great trestle near Hagerman Tunnel -- Opal Lake, Hagerman Tunnel -- Mt. Massive from Hagerman Tunnel -- Lake Ivanhoe from Hagerman Tunnel -- Glenwood Springs -- Aspen, Col. -- Snow plow at Ivanhoe, Col.
pages are warped, images show discoloration. One copy has extensive foxing. Both copies have damaged covers.
- Albumen prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Landscapes -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Railroads -- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Gems from the Pike's Peak route[graphic]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script