John Sedgwick Letter
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a copy of a handwritten letter (dated November 13, 1860) from Sedgwick to Assistant Adjutant General; report of interviews with Kiowa and Comanche chiefs.
- November 13, 1860
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
John Sedgwick (September 13, 1813 - May 9, 1864) was a teacher, a career military officer, and a Union Army general in the American Civil War.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Rosenstock, 1978.
- Generals -- United States -- Archives. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indians of North America -- Interviews -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script