Ernest Thompson Seton Book List
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a typescript and signed letter with preferences indicated on "List of Children's Books too Good to Miss" created by DPL.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Ernest Thompson Seton (August 14, 1860 - October 23, 1946) was an author (published in the United Kingdom, Canada, and the US), wildlife artist, founder of the Woodcraft Indians in 1902 (renamed Woodcraft League of America) and one of the founding pioneers of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) in 1910.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Ernest Thompson Seton, 1930.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Part of Children's Literature Collection.
- Best books. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Naturalists -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script