Maud Petersham Book List
Scope and Contents
Collection contains "Girlhood Favorites" book list created by Denver (Colo.) Public Library and signed by Petersham.
- Petersham, Maud,1890-1971. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Maud Fuller Petersham (August 5, 1890 -- November 29, 1971) and her husband, Miska Petersham (September 20, 1888 -- May 15, 1960) were American writers and illustrators who helped set the direction for illustrated children's books as known today.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Maud Petersham, 1930.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Part of Children's Literature Collection
- Authors, American -- Correspondence -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Best books. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's libraries -- Colorado -- Denver -- Book lists. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Petersham, Maud Fuller, 1890-1971 -- Archives.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script