Elmer Muth Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains field trip guides, membership roster and brochures (several written by Muth) from the Ghost Town Club of Colorado; research material on Colorado, railways, railcars, Denver homes, statues, events, businesses and buildings, Mormons: articles, notes, brochures, pamphlets, newspaper clippings.
Photographs; Images primarily of historical Denver and vicinity (residential and commercial); includes Colorado and Denver scenery, designated historic landmarks in Denver, and historical images of Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, and Kansas.
- Muth, Elmer B., 1905-1988 (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Elmer Muth (1905-1988) taught in the Denver Public School system. Charter member of the Ghost Town Club of Colorado.
1 photo box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Slides are accompanied by seven slide-show typescripts. Images no longer in typescript order.
- Color slides. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ghost Town Club of Colorado -- Archives.
- Ghost towns -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Historic buildings -- Colorado -- Denver -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Historic preservation -- Colorado -- Denver -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Muth, Elmer B., 1905-1988 -- Archives
- Research (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script