From Canon City to Micanite, The Original Stage Road
Scope and Contents
66 color photographic prints from 1994, 27 x 33 x 8 cm. and 1 inventory. Photographic prints accompanied by detailed inventory of images prepared by the photographer. Slides are commercially produced and titled. Photographic prints have inked numbers and identification on front, some prints have discolored, slides have discolored.
- Rowe, Sam F. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
This series taken in 1994 is an effort to trace and identify the route of the original freight and stage road from Canon City, via South Park, to the earliest mining activities on the heads of the South Platte, Blue, and Arkansas Rivers. A few of the earliest mining camps served by this route were Fairplay, Breckenridge, Leadville, and Buena Vista. In 1994 the original route was largely followed by Colorado Highway #9.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Sam F. Rowe, 1995.
- Color prints (photographs) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Color slides. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dwellings -- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Roads -- Colorado -- History -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description