William Newton Byers papers
Scope and Contents
Microfilmed copies of draft of "The Centennial States" giving history of Denver, Colorado, and prominent Denver; autobiography titled: The Newspaper Press of Colorado; letters to and clippings from New York Tribune regarding Sand Creek Massacre.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, CO.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Colorado pioneer, surveyor, and newspaper editor.
2 microfilm reels (35mm)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley.
Microfilm made from originals owned by Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley.
Varying Form of Title
William Byers papers
- Byers, Wm. N. (William Newton), 1831-1903 -- Archives.
- Journalists -- Colorado -- Denver -- Archives. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Microfilms Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pioneers -- Colorado -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the William Newton Byers papers,1880-1884[microform]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script